º 3 different READING RESPONSE LOGS
that can be used with ANY book!
º Aligned to the 3rd grade Common Core standards
º Skills included
in this sampler are character traits, compare and contrast, and visualizing
Tired of having to find things to copy for reading homework each night? Want to try something more authentic
that reinforces reading skills in an engaging way? This sampler includes 3 reading response logs
. In addition to homework, these response logs can be used during a class read aloud or students' independent reading time. These also work very well as morning work, a center or workstation activity, and during guided reading.
The reading log questions work with ANY fiction book
. Each reading log has 5 questions. The questions are correlated to the comprehension and metacognitive strategies in the Common Core
, so your students will be getting daily practice of these skills. Because they can be used with any book, these reading logs are inherently differentiated
to each of your students’ reading levels!
I have found these to be much more effective than the "sign your name on a calendar" type of reading log where I was never really sure what my kids were reading or if they were understanding it. These creative
and grade-appropriate questions
will get your students excited about reading while demonstrating to you their level of understanding.
The skills covered in this sampler include:
• Character Traits – RL.3.3
• Compare & Contrast – RL.3.9
• Visualize – RL.3.7
Files included in this sampler include:
• 3 weekly reading response logs organized by skill
• 4 different versions of each log:
• one WITH a parent signature line
• one WITHOUT a parent signature line
• one that says Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
• one that says Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Bonus
• Teacher’s Guide for full product with suggestions for use
* LIKE THE SAMPLER? GO PICK UP THE FULL VERSION OF THIS PRODUCT FOR 36 DIFFERENT READING LOGS, ENOUGH FOR THE ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR! *
⇒ Follow my store for more great products and freebies! ⇐