Reading Response - My First Reading Response Journal - Kindergarten to Grade 1
1) Preschool (advanced)
3) Grade 1
My goal as a teacher has always been to create educational resources that inspire students to get excited about learning.
Reading Response Journals can be used by teachers to evaluate their students Reading Comprehension Skills.
This product was created for young learners to introduce important elements of a story, such as: beginning of the story, middle of the story, ending of the story, setting, and characters. There is a Reading Response Journal Prompt on each page and an area to draw a picture.
The worksheets in this activity have the same page layout.
1) Write the Title of the Story/Book
2) Reading Response Activity: Follow the directions inside the drawing box.
3) At the bottom of each worksheet the students get to answer a yes or no question, by simply circling the happy face for “Yes” or the sad face for “No”.
Contents: (12 Pages)
1) Title Page - (1 Page)
2) Draw a picture of your favourite part of the story. - (1 Page)
3) Draw a picture of where the story takes place. - (1 Page)
4) Draw a picture of a character in the story. - (1 Page)
5) Draw a picture of the beginning of the story. - (1 Page)
6) Draw a picture of the middle of the story. - (1 Page)
7) Draw a picture of the end of the story. - (1 Page)
8) Change the beginning of the story and draw a picture to show the changes. - (1 Page)
9) Change the ending of the story and draw a picture to show the changes. - (1 Page)
10) Draw a picture of you as a character in the story. - (1 Page)
11) Draw a picture of you and a friend as characters in the story. - (1 Page)
12) Last Page - THE END! - (1 Page)
Writing Skills: writing, punctuation, and spelling.
Reading Comprehension Skills: attending, analysing, associating, contextual clues, critical thinking, inferring, predicting, and sequencing.
All rights reserved. This product is licensed for one teacher or one classroom. If you would like to share this resource with another teacher, please purchase an additional license.
Sharing, redistributing, selling, or posting this item on the internet is prohibited without prior permission from the author and is a violation of the Copyright Act.
If you have any questions regarding this product, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com