Readers must be taught to apply skills and strategies to help them comprehend, make meaning, and draw conclusions. This bundle of reading response printables is designed to get your readers understanding, thinking, analyzing, and responding to the text.
Here are a few of the highlights:
1. Can be used with ANY story or reading series!
2. Aligned to the Common Core Standards (Grades 1-3).
3. All Reading Literature Standards are covered (Grades 1-3).
4. Clear and simple “I Can..” statements are listed at the top of each printable.
5. Organized by standard and skill! No more searching!!!
6. Can be used during whole group, guided reading groups, or for independent practice.
7. Perfect for “Gearing Up” (Grades 1-2) when students have a standard or skill at their grade level mastered.
RL.1 – Key Details, Visualization, Inferring... 4
RL.2 – Retelling, Central Message, Lesson, Moral...12
RL.3 – Characters, Setting, Plot...21
RL.4 – Poetry (Feelings, Senses, Alliteration, Beats, Rhymes, Literal, Nonliteral) ...43
RL.5 – Comparing Fiction & Nonfiction, Story Structure, Building on Chapters/Scenes/Stanzas...54
RL.6 – Point of View....67
RL.7 – Illustrations and Details...74
RL.9 – Compare and Contrast (characters, versions of the same story, themes/settings/plots...81