This set of 36 Reading Response Question Cards is perfect for grades three through six in helping to address the Reading Literature CCSS and can be used in a variety of ways!
Common Core Standards
3.RL.(1-3); 4.RL.(1-3,6); 5.RL.(1-3,5,6,9); 6.RL.(1-3)
- 36 color reading response cards
- 36 black and white reading response cards
Print out the version of the cards you prefer (either color or black and white) on card stock, or you can print on regular paper and laminate them to construction paper. Lamination can help your cards to last longer.
Suggestions for Use
There are MANY ways these cards can be used in your reading class. Here are just a few ideas:
- Display one card per day do inspire student journaling
- Use as discussion starters during small group discussions
- Have students pull random cards for book discussion groups
- Use during literature circles
- Pass cards amongst students for independent journaling