Are you looking for a purposeful way to bring a close to independent reading time? Finish-Up Flippies for Reading are reading response assignments designed to promote student reflection and critical thinking. This Finish-Up Flippies Bundle consists of 240 thought provoking questions and tasks related to Reading Strategies, Story Elements, Reading Genres, and Personal Response!
These exit slips also encourage more focus and accountability during independent reading time, as readers are required to thoughtfully respond to reading.
Teachers save 25% by purchasing the bundle, which contains these sets:
Finish-Up Flippies attach to interactive journals and notebooks, but take up no writing space in journals! Another great feature of Finish-Up Flippies for Reading is that they are compact enough to fit four to a page, but allow enough space underneath for a thorough response.
Here’s how they work:
1. Students simply cut out their Flippie and attach it by the tab on the left side. It fits perfectly in the center of a journal or sheet of notebook paper!
2. Students flip the Flippie and write their responses underneath.
Finish-Up Flippies help teachers keep track of how well students comprehend text. Finish-Up Flippies for Reading will help your students engage in the reading process all year!
How to use Finish-Up Flippies for Reading with your class:
1. If you teach using the Reader’s Workshop model, decide on a skill you’d like your readers to practice during independent reading time. Introduce and explain the assignments before sending readers to their reading spots. Have them quickly cut out and attach the Flippie to their reading response journals. It’s helpful for students to have their notebooks with them as they read, as they may complete the assignment during (or after, if your prefer) independent reading time.
2. Readers take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete the task. (Finish-Up Flippies are also great to use with guided reading and strategy groups!)
3. At the end of reader’s workshop or independent reading time, students share with the class, in small groups, or with a partner. This brings reading time to a close.
I hope you choose to download this product. If you do and find it helpful, please leave a great rating, follow me, and check out the other products in my store. Thank you!
~For personal and single classroom use only.~