Do you have a TON of sticky notes you are looking to use in a meaningful way?
Do you want to help focus your student's attention during their independent reading time?
Do you need a quick way to assess if your students are applying the reading skills and strategies you are teaching?
This product is for you!
It is super simple to print the sticky note templates. Once printed, your students will have a meaningful tool to help focus on their stop-and-jot responses during independent reading time.
This product includes 30 stop-and-jot sticky note templates:
- Cause and Effect
- Character's Traits and Feelings
- Compare and Contrast
- Fact and Opinion
- Making Predictions
- Main Idea
- Making Inferences
- Plot Structure
- Making Connections
- Asking and Answering Questions
- Summary (SWBST)
- Author's Purpose
- Context Clues
- Background Knowledge
- Problem and Solution
- Stop and Jot
- Figurative Language
- Important Quotes
- Facts and Details
- Facts and Opinions v. 2
- Backup and Reread
- Text Evidence
- Determining Importance
- Close Reading
- 30 Sticky Note Templates
- 2 Printing Options (print a single template on a page, or print a page of mixed templates)
- Printing Directions
- Teaching Tips
How to use this product?
- Works great for accountability during independent reading.
- Quick and easy way to assess at the end of a mini-lesson.
- Can incorporate into guided reading lessons.
- Students can stick responses into interactive reading journals.
What are teachers saying about this product?
- "Great resource! I use these daily for mini lessons."
- "Using these to practice those fundamental reading techniques. I haven't gotten through all the sticky note forms yet but the ones I've used have worked perfectly to help keep my kiddos on track (4th grade). It's super easy to print on the printer too!"
- "This just made my life so much easier. Last week we used the sticky notes for 'text based evidence'. The students were highly engaged. Thank you for sharing."
Love Mrs. M's Style Products? Check these out!
- Click here to sign up to recieve my newsletter. Get teaching ideas, product updates, and freebies, delivered right to your inbox.
- Click here to follow my store to be notified when new products are added.