Also included in
- Do you have a TON of sticky notes?Are you looking for meaningful tools to support your students during reading, writing, and math?Are you looking for a quick and easy way to assess your students' understanding?Do you like to save money?If you answered yes to any of these questions then this bundle i$17.00$22.00Save $5.00
- Are you still looking for reading comprehension resources for your 3rd, 4th, and 5th-grade students? This bundle of reading comprehension resources has so many must-have resources for upper elementary reading teachers. You’ll get anchor charts, graphic organizers, stick note templates, question and$45.00$68.50Save $23.50
Do you have a TON of sticky notes you are looking to use in a meaningful way?
Do you want to help focus your student's attention during their independent reading time?
Do you need a quick way to assess if your students are applying the reading comprehension skills and strategies you are teaching?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, this product is for you!
These reading response sticky note templates are a quick, easy, and engaging way to hold students accountable during independent reading time! They are a great tool to give to your students during independent reading, small group lessons, book clubs, or anytime they need to respond to a text. You can quickly and easily print on sticky notes (or regular paper) and the mini graphic organizer templates make it super easy for students to share their thinking about a text.
HERE’S WHAT YOU GET:
- 30 Sticky Note Templates
- 2 Printing Options (print a single template on a page, or print a page of mixed templates)
- Printing Directions
- Teaching Tips
- Digital version created using Google Slides
Your students will love these stop and jot sticky note templates. These sticky note templates are such a fun and engaging way for students to practice and apply the key reading comprehension skills you teach them in reading. The small little graphic organizer templates are not overwhelming and make it really easy for students to respond to any text they are reading. These templates can eliminate the overwhelm when students are trying to practice and learn a new reading skill. And you’ll love how quick and easy these templates are to use.
And if you choose to print the stop and jot templates on sticky notes, your students will think you have some sort of magic power. They will LOVE that you can print a custom template on a sticky note!
STICKY NOTE TEMPLATES INCLUDED:
This product includes 30 stop-and-jot sticky note templates to help students with the following:
- Asking and Answering Questions
- Author's Purpose
- Background Knowledge
- Backup and Reread
- Cause and Effect
- Character's Traits and Feelings
- Close Reading
- Compare and Contrast
- Context Clues
- Determining Importance
- Facts and Details
- Fact and Opinion (2 options)
- Figurative Language
- Important Quotes
- Main Idea
- Making Connections
- Making Inferences
- Making Predictions
- Plot Structure
- Problem and Solution
- Stop and Jot
- Summary (SWBST)
- Text Evidence
Check out the preview to see some examples of these sticky notes in action.
HOW CAN I USE THESE TEMPLATES IN MY CLASSROOM?
- Give to students during independent reading as a tool to hold them accountable.
- Use them as part of your whole group lesson to model a new reading skill or strategy.
- Use during your small group lesson as a way to hold students accountable for their work.
- Give to students at the end of a lesson to assess their understanding.
- Place sticky notes students have completed on a piece of chart paper to display student learning.
- Give to students for book clubs or to take notes on during a read aloud.
- Have students place their sticky notes in their notebooks to keep track of their thinking while working independently.
LOVED BY BOTH TEACHERS AND STUDENTS:
→ Your students will be so impressed you can print on sticky notes. They think it’s pretty magical when you give them a sticky note with a little graphic organizer printed on it. It makes responding to a text they are reading so much more fun when they use a sticky note.
→ You’ll love how easy it is to check in with students when they use these templates. No matter if it's during a small group lesson, a reading conference, or during a whole group lesson, you can easily scan each student’s sticky notes to see if they are getting it.
→Your students will love how easy it is to organize their thoughts on a sticky note. The small size makes it feel less intimidating to stop-and-jot or answer a question. They won’t feel pressured to write a super long response and will be confident in their ability to complete the assignment when sticky notes are involved.
→ You’ll love that you can print these templates on sticky notes or on regular paper. Either way, they are a great addition to your whole group, small group, and independent practice routines.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "These templates are extremely helpful to use when reading short stories and novels. The fact that they can be printed on bright post-it notes is a huge help because they are eye-catching to students.” - Jeanna P.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This is a great way to have students organize their thinking on a post it note which isn't as intimidating as some other forms assessing.” - Sara H.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “These are perfect for independent reading accountability. They are small enough that my students aren't overwhelmed, but has enough information for me to see their progress on reading skills and make sure they are reading.” - Sharleen T.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “These are so perfect for book clubs! My plan is to give each student one that matches their targeted skill for the week, have them spend 10 minutes reading + filling in their sticky, and then we bring back our stickies and discuss for the final 10 minutes. Thank you so much for this! A quick way to check to see if they're getting it.” - Morgan E.
⭐️ BUNDLE & SAVE FOR A DISCOUNT⭐️
Purchase the Sticky Note Template Bundle to get this set plus templates for math, writing, exit tickets, and more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE…
Copyright © The Stellar Teacher Co. LLC
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.