Be sure that you have an application to open
this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
21 MB|9 pages
We have included 28 Task Cards in this resource. All questions can be utilized with essentially any unit of study. Additionally, we have provided you with a rubric (you can select the point value of each item in the rubric), academic vocabulary terms, and evidence-based phrases to help students answer the prompts if you have them writing their responses.
These Reading Response Task Cards for your middle school or high school students can be used in a variety of ways in your classroom! Here are some suggestions of how you can use these task cards as reading responses, reading activities, or reading assignments:
- Have students answer task cards in partners
- Assign one card to a table or group of students
- Assign students to pick a task card at random at the end of each chapter or two for a class novel
- Use them to hold students accountable for books they read independently
- Have students write book report assignments
- Assign small groups a question and have them present to the class
- Early finishers grab a random card to respond to
- Assign as extra credit
*The duration of this activity completely depends on how you choose to use it in your classroom. This could be useful for anywhere from one unit of study all the way up to an entire year's worth of activities.*
PLEASE NOTE: THESE QUESTIONS ARE THE SAME QUESTIONS AS OUR READING RESPONSE QUILT. WE HAVE SIMPLY CREATED TASK CARDS USING THOSE QUESTIONS. HOWEVER, BOTH RESOURCES CAN BE UTILIZED IN YOUR CLASSROOM IS DIFFERENT WAYS!