This is a set of reading response tri-folds that can be used with many different types of text (fiction or non-fiction). Here is what's included:
Non-Fiction Response Tri-Fold
- What do I already know about this topic?
- What questions do I have?
- New Vocabulary
- Things I don't understand
- Answers to my questions
- Other things I learned about this topic
Story Elements Tri-Fold
- Title, Author, Illustrator
- Characters, Setting, Problem, Solution
Character Traits Tri-Fold
- Words to describe the character
- Feelings the character has in the story
- How are the character and I similar?
- How are the character and I different?
- Drawing of the character
- Drawings and writing space for beginning, middle, and end
Vocabulary Tri-Fold (featuring the Rate Your Knowledge scale and an explanation of how to use it)
- Write the word
- Write the definition
- Use the word in a sentence
- Draw a picture of the word
- Rate your knowledge
The vocabulary tri-fold is actually two pages, since I included additional space for adding more words. You can just attach the two pages together to make a long accordion-fold type organizer.