These 27 Reading Response Worksheets & Graphic Organizers are designed to be used with ANY fiction chapter book, making this packet very versatile and reusable throughout the year! These pages can be mixed and matched to supplement any chapter the student is currently reading in his/her book.
This product is a great tool to keep your students accountable for their reading, while giving the teacher a clearer assessment of the student's comprehension, chapter-by-chapter. These worksheets and graphic organizers can be used in literature circles, as whole class work, homework, for independent reading, with read-aloud books, or any way you see fit! **TIP: It's a good idea to have the selected worksheet with the student as they read a chapter, so they know what information to look for!
There are 27 Reading Response Worksheets & Graphic Organizers:
1. Chapter Summary 1: Summarize It
2. Chapter Summary 2: Sequence of Events – Sequence It
3. Chapter Summary 3: Sequence a Picture Story – Sequence It By Pictures
4. Main Event – Write a Letter
5. Drawing the Main Event – Have you “Scene” It?
6. Chapter Scene: Create a Comic Strip
7. Beginning, Middle, End 1
8. Beginning, Middle, End 2: A Picture Story
9. New Characters: Character Log (to be used throughout the book)
10. Character Information: Character Counts!
12. Vocabulary Drawing
13. Grammar/Parts of Speech 1: Let's Go On A Word Hunt
14. Grammar/Parts of Speech 2: Let's Go On A BIGGER Word Hunt
15. Setting 1
16. Setting 2 (two different layouts)
17. Problem/Solution: What's the Problem?
18. Making Connections (Text-to-Self, Text-to-Text, Text-to-World)
19. Chapter Survey: Let's Take a Survey!
20. Asking Questions: Do You Have A Question?
21. Making Predictions 1: What Do You Predict?
22. Making Predictions 2: Crystal Ball Predictions
23. Finding Humor in the Text: What's So Funny?!
24. Fact/Opinion: Finding Facts & Opinions
25. Alternative Events: Switch It Up!
26. Book Review 1
27. Book Review 2 (two slightly different versions)
•What I enjoy most about this product is that it acts as a generic study guide for any fictional chapter book, which is a great resource to have available to your students who may be reading at a varying levels.
•Please view the preview file for a sneak peak at all of the pages included so you know exactly what you're getting! Thanks!