Reading Adventure Packs were created with the generous support of Reading Rockets. All these Reading Adventure Packs are offered FREE through the Reading Rockets website and shared through this TPT store. Rights and credits are given to appropriate sources.
All of these Reading Adventure Packs are colorfully designed, range between 8-10 pages in length and come in PDF format to ensure proper printing. They are available in both English & Spanish. They are intended to be shared in the school community – especially with parents to help their children read, which starts at home, and turn them into successful readers. Although organized by featured book, feel free to download the one that best meets the need of your student or child.
Each reading packet contains:
• 1 Parent Introduction Letter – customized / personalize with instructions how to use the pack
• 2 featured books (1 fiction & 1 nonfiction) suggested for use
• 3 Activities (a hands-on craft to exercise creativity, role play to encourage imagination, writing, or drawing and one that focuses on real-world experiences for parent and child)
Benefits of the reading packet:
• Strengthen the school – home family partnership & communication
• Encourages parental involvement of child’s education
• Informs parents of academic demands and quality of books used
• Gives parents a blend of model reading and structured activities (both real-life & imaginative) which make it fun
• Allows parents to converse with kids about established themes / topics – ultimately igniting an enthusiasm for literacy
“Reading Rockets is a national multimedia project that offers a wealth of research-based reading strategies, lessons, and activities designed to help young children learn how to read and read better. Our reading resources assist parents, teachers, and other educators in helping struggling readers build ¬fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension skills.” ~ http://www.readingrockets.org/