Wham! “is a fun high frequency card game to help your emerging readers practice reading sight words. The game contains the 90 words that my district uses from the Dolch List and includes blank cards to add your own words. I like to add my student’s names to the blank cards. Each six weeks is color coded. My students love to play this game during centers or small groups.
1. Put all cards in a stack in the middle of the group.
2. The first student picks a card, and keeps it of they can read it correctly. If not, the card goes into an oops pile.
3. If a student draws an oops card, they must put all of their cards into the oops pile.
4. If a student draws a Wham! card, they get to take all of the cards in the oops pile!
5. The winner is the student with the most cards at the end of the game!
To prepare: Print on cardstock and laminate and cut.
CCSS. ELA. RF. K.3 C Read common high frequency words by sight.