Reading Scavenger Hunt Bundle 2 (Informational Texts) include three sets of nonfiction scavenger hunts (2 Weeks!) to help you grab student attention and engage them in a fun puzzle-like adventure all while practicing reading skills, working through challenging texts, and answering text-dependent questions!
Who's Reading Scavenger Hunt Bundle 2 For?
These reading scavenger hunts are leveled to challenge upper elementary students (3rd Grade and 4th Grade) and to provide reteaching for 5th and 6th grade.
- Text Levels 800-1000
- ATOS Levels 6.0-7.2
- 3rd Grade - This is a challenging text for 3rd-graders and will work if you build background knowledge or complete a shared reading and students understand main ideas.
- 4th Grade and 5th Grade - This text is just right for most 4th and 5th grades to complete independently when teaching main ideas.
- 6th Grade - This nonfiction scavenger hunt will be perfect for reviewing and reteaching with 6th-graders.
What's in the Reading Scavenger Hunt Bundle 2?
- Nonfiction Scavenger Hunt 1 - Informational Text Features
- Using text features to locate information, plus inferential questions.
- Original texts: Sports and Outdoors.
- Nonfiction Scavenger Hunt 2 - Main Ideas
- Two Scavenger Hunts focused on main ideas.
- Original Texts about dolphins and pandas.
- Nonfiction Scavenger Hunt 3 - Comprehension Skills
- Two Scavenger Hunts.
- Original Texts about culture, Texas culture, Indian culture, Polynesian culture, and French culture.
- Student answer pages and teacher answer keys.
- Self-checking scavenger hunt pages.
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Free Reading Level Chart
More Great Reading Resources
Reading Scavenger Hunts
More great nonfiction resources:
⚫ Informational Text Features Task Cards 1
⚫ Summarizing Informational Text #4 - Nature & Wildlife
⚫ Summarizing Informational Text #5 - Financial Literacy
⚫ Close Reading - Christmas Around the World
⚫ Close Reading - George Washington Carver
⚫ Sequencing Task Cards #1 - Ellen Ochoa
⚫ Sequencing Task Cards #2 - Helen Keller
⚫ Sequencing Task Cards #3 - Mary Kay Ash
⚫ Drawing Conclusions Task Cards #7 - Rosa Parks
⚫ Drawing Conclusions Task Cards #8 - Martin Luther King Jr.
⚫ Drawing Conclusions Task Cards #9 - Jackie Robinson
Copyright 2019 TeamTom Education LLC
All Rights Reserved.
Credits: All photography or adaptations/remixes of photography in this product are licensed according to applicable copyright laws. See the product for details.