Reading Simple Blends Sentences - Decodable Pyramids for Fluency
Decodable Blend Sentences pyramids are here!
These fully decodable sentences are perfect for students who need practice reading words with blends in context!
★★★ WAIT!!! Grab this in the money-saving growing bundle to get all future sets added for FREE! ★★★
The blend words are placed in simple sentences and scaffolded via sentence pyramids to help build fluency when reading.
Blend words reading comprehension is also included as students must cut and paste the matching picture with each sentence.
Finally, students build fluency by reading each sentence three times.
This is a must have in any Science of Reading classroom!
- Read the sentence by decoding word/line at a time. Each line of the pyramid adds one word to the sentence.
- Cut and paste the matching picture next to the sentence to show comprehension.
- Repeat until all 4 sentences have been read and pictures have been placed.
- Read all 4 fully decodable sentences on the page three times, coloring a star each time the page is read.
- The sentences and passages include only VC + CVC + CCVC + CVCC words and 10 pre-reading (irregular) high frequency words.
- The 10 pre-reading irregular words (heart words) are: a, and, I, for, is, of, the, to, was, you
- For heart word resources, please click here.
There are 35 NO PREP pages included. The skill breakdown is as follows:
- Beginning blends:
- sl- (2 pages)
- Ending Blends:
- -nd (2 pages)
- -nt (2 pages)
- -sk (2 pages)
- -st (2 pages)
- -mp (2 pages)
- Mixed beginning blends review - 3 pages
- Mixed ending blends review - 3 pages
- Mixed beginning and ending blends review - 2 pages
Yes, there is an answer key for every page.
Although the format is the same, these are completely brand new sentences. This resource was created due to high demand from teachers for more phonics sentence pages!
★ Please see the preview for more detailed information and sneak peeks! ★
1 ► Leave me a ❓“question” in my TpT store OR
2 ► Email me Lauren@aTeachableTeacher.com
► Click HERE to follow my store and be notified when new resources are posted.
► Click HERE to join The Teachable Teachers!