Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Are you looking for the perfect daily review resource? The resources in this bundle have been thoughtfully designed to review key reading, language, and math skills for 4th graders. This bundle includes the following resources in BOTH Print and DIGITAL format:4th Grade Math Skill of the Day: 29 We$49.99$57.96Save $7.97
- Are you looking for the perfect daily review resource? The resources in this bundle have been thoughtfully designed to review key reading, language, and math skills for 5th graders. This bundle includes the following resources in BOTH Print and DIGITAL format:5th Grade Math Skill of the Day: 40 We$58.99$65.96Save $6.97
This bundle contains a full FORTY weeks of daily reading skill review.
This valuable resource contains a full year's worth of reading skill review, plus extra weeks for homework, test prep, and more! Engage your students in a daily review of 17 key reading skills with this *HUGE* Reading Skill of the Day Weekly Journal.
Included in the file you will find:
• 80+ Pages of Printable Student Pages
• Complete Teacher Answer Key/Guide with Suggested Answers
• Four Student Cover Options (Color and Black & White Options)
• Reading Skill Quick-Reference Guide
• Teacher Information
• TWO GOOGLE SLIDES version to assign to your students in Google Classroom
Google Slides Note: Please note that there are TWO Google Slides versions included. The first one is in the original four days per page format, and the second is in a SINGLE PAGE PER DAY FORMAT.
Printable Version Note: Please note that there are TWO printable versions included. The first one is in the original four days per page format (as seen in the preview), and the second is in a SINGLE PAGE PER DAY FORMAT so that you can print one day per page.
Grade Levels: This resource has the possibility to span a wide variety of grade levels. 3rd grade teachers will use this as a teaching companion, and it likely won't be done independently by 3rd graders. 4th and 5th grade teachers can expect to provide less instruction to accompany the pages.
Each week includes a daily skill review with high-interest passages and engaging reading activities. An additional weekly bonus activity provides your students with an early finisher activity to stretch their thinking. (6 activities total per week)
This resource currently includes a total of 40 weeks of content (150+ activities total, including the bonus activity each week). There are currently EIGHT, five-week cycles/sets that provide skill review in increasing difficulty and different formats. Most daily review tasks can be completed in less than five minutes!
Please view the preview for a complete list of when each skill is reviewed. You can also learn more about this resource by viewing this blog post!
The following reading skills are reviewed throughout the course of this journal:
• Main Idea (Every Monday)
• Inference (Every Wednesday)
• Cause & Effect
• Author’s Purpose
• Compare & Contrast
• Fact & Opinion
• Context Clues
• Character Traits
• Key Details
• Story Elements
• Point of View
• Restating the Question
• Text Features
• Text Structure
This resource is perfect for use after all of these reading skills have been taught or in the upper grades where all of these skills have been previously mastered. This is an invaluable resource for test prep!
I designed this resource after searching and searching for the perfect review of reading skills and not being able to find exactly what my students needed. I wanted something that would routinely reintroduce my students to the important skills they had learned throughout the year (and in years prior) and engage them in meaningful, relevant practice. The pages print beautifully in color, but look great in black and white, too!
You can use this resource as morning work, as a warm-up, as whole group or small group practice, nightly homework, and more. The options are endless!
This resource is best suited for grades 4+. 3rd grade teachers would find this resource useful when used as guided practice.
If you have any questions about this resource, please don't hesitate to let me know before purchasing!
Other Reading Skills Resources You May Enjoy
Are you looking for Inspiration, Community, and Teaching Support? Join my private Facebook Group! We collaborate, share ideas, and support one another every day. Click HERE to join Inspired in Upper Elementary.