This product is now a part of a BUNDLE!
Download it individually, or save money by purchasing it as part of the Language Arts Trio BUNDLE
Are you unsure about lapbooks? Watch this YouTube video
to find out why I love lapbooks and how I use them in my own classroom.
This 50 page download is a complete kit with black line masters and photo illustrations for making a reading skills lapbook with your students. This double lapbook requires two file folders, and is intended to be an interactive, year-long project. Use it to complement your own reading curriculum. The foldables in this kit could also be used in an interactive notebook if you prefer.
This lapbook kit covers the following reading skills:
2. Characters (wants, needs, actions)
3. Sequence (beginning, middle, end)
5. Plot (problem, important events, solution)
6. Context Clues (examples, definitions, synonyms, antonyms)
7. Ask and Answer Questions
9. Cause and Effect (signal words)
10. Character Traits
11. Root Words/Prefixes/Suffixes
12. Compare and Contrast (Venn diagram)
13. Main Idea (supporting details)
17. Author's Purpose (persuade, inform, entertain)
18. Multiple Meaning Words
23. Author's Point of View
24. Text Connections (self, text, world)
25. Summarize (somebody, wanted, but, so, then)
Lapbooks are an excellent way to keep students motivated and engaged in their learning. It is a nice way to keep everything in one place instead of sending home lots of loose papers. The complete lapbook makes a terrific reading reference tool.
Thank you for considering my Reading Skills Lapbook Interactive Kit.
If you like interactive kits, you may also want to check out:
Grammar Lapbook: Through the Year Interactive Kit
Figurative Language Envelope Book Kit
Measurement Lapbook Interactive Kit: Customary & Metric
Endangered Animals Lapbook Interactive Kit
Solar System Lapbook Interactive Kit
Economics Bag Book/ Interactive Notebook Kit
Multiplication Lapbook: Concepts and Fact Fluency
Civics & Government Envelope Book Kit
Early Finishers: Free Time File
Geography Lapbook Interactive Kit
Chrissie Rissmiller :-)