***Updated with more diversity between fiction and nonfiction***
Improve your students reading skills with leveled questions and an interactive game for practice!
* Printable Grid PDF
Print out the grid for small groups, centers, or individual work stations. You can randomly draw which question or focus on a specific row or column!
* Powerpoint Game
Questions have been modified to fit into game-mode. Perfect for interactive whiteboards! Made so that kids can write their answer right there on the smartboard! Have students rack up points for their team while practicing their reading skills such as word meaning, main idea, summary and much more!
Use over and over with fiction and non-fiction texts!
Makes for a great review after any unit, novel or short story!
Suggested Lesson Plan:
* Put students into groups.
* Review current story
* Have them choose fiction or non-fiction based on story
* Two from group 1 come to smartboard and choose question. Set time for designated amount of time for each question. While group 1 answers on board, all other groups answer on sheet of paper for the group.
* Once timer goes off or question is answered, review for accuracy. If correct and finished they get full points. If incorrect or incomplete, you can designate amount of points given.
* group 2 and so on completes in the same way.
KEY Words: reading, leveled questions, powerpoint, smartboard, main idea, summary, cause and effect, lesson plans, interactive, reading skills, printable