This packet of reading skills and strategies was created to use with the book The Hallowiener by Dav Pilkey.
Each skill or strategy has multiple pages that are differentiated to fit the different needs of your students.
This packet is tailored to this book with specific questions of varying degrees of difficulty. Students will respond by drawing, circling answers, writing sentences and finding text evidence to support their thinking.
Directions and Common Core Standard for each skill and strategy. Plus ideas for extending the activities.
* Vocabulary - 4 pages
* Asking Questions - 2 pages
* Beginning, Middle, End - 5 pages
* Cause and Effect - 3 pages
* Character Analysis - 4 pages
* Classify and Categorize "Bullies and Friends"- 5 pages
* Compare and Contrast - 3 pages
* Connections - 3 pages
* Inference/Drawing Conclusion - 3 pages
* Fact and Opinion about bullying - 2 pages
* Main Idea and Details - 5 pages
* Predicting - 3 pages
* Problem and Solution - 5 pages
* Story Map - 3 pages
* Visualize and writing "Visualize Being Brave" - 5 pages
Common Core Standards
K.L.5, K.RL.1, K.RL.2, K.RL.3, K.RL.4, K.RL.9, K.SL.5, K.W.1, 1.RL.1, 1.RL.2, 1.RL.3, 1.RL.4, 1.RL.5, 1.RL.7, 1.RL.9, 1.SL.4, 1.SL.5, 1.SL.5, 1.W.1, 2.RL.1, 2.RL.2, 2.RL.3, 2.RL.4, 2.RL.5, 2.RL.7, 2.RL.9, 2.W.1, 3.RL.1, 3.RL.1, 3.RL.1, 3.RL.2
If you would like more information about this book and many others please visit my blog The Picture Book Teacher's Edition