This packet was created to use with the book Alice and Greta by Steven J. Simmons.
Each skill or strategy has multiple pages that are differentiated to fit the different needs of your students - you can have all your students working on the same skill but with a page that best fits their needs.
This packet is tailored to this book with specific questions of varying degrees of difficulty. Students will respond by drawing, circling answers, writing sentences and finding text evidence to support their thinking.
Included in the packet:
Directions and Common Core Standards for each skill and strategy. Plus ideas for extending some of the activities.
* Beginning, Middle, End - 5 pages
* Cause and Effect - 8 pages and 1 key
* Character Analysis - 6 pages
* Compare and Contrast - 3 pages
* Character Response - 5 pages
* Text-to-Self Connections - 3 pages
* Text-to-Text Connections - 4 pages
* Drawing Conclusions/Inference - 2 pages
* Fact and Opinion - 2 pages
* Main Idea and Details - 6 pages
* Problem Solution - 5 pages
* Sequencing - 9 pages plus 2 keys
* Story Map - 3 pages
* Strong Thought - 3 pages
* Summarize - 2 pages
* Theme - 1 page
* Visualize - 1 page
* Writing paper - 2 pages
* Favorite part - 3 pages
Common Core Standards
K.RL.1, K.RL.2, K.RL.3, K.RL.7, K.RL.9, K.SL.5, K.W.1, 1.RL.1, 1.RL.2, 1.RL.3, 1.RL.5, 1.RL.7, 1.RL.9, 1.SL.4, 1.SL.5, 1.W.1, 2.RL.1, 2.RL.2, 2.RL.3, 2.RL.5, 2.RL.7, 2.RL.9, 2.W.1, 3.RL.1, 3.RL.2
If you would like more information about the skills and strategies for this book, or any other book visit my blog The Picture Book Teacher's Edition
Follow with BlogLovin’Follow with Feedly
The PBT’s Edition Facebook pageThe PBT's Edition Pinterest Boards
© Paper, graphics, borders & fonts created by Shawna Devoe 2013
**If you have problems downloading this or any product, please make sure you have a current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.