This packet was created to use with the book Square Cat by Elizabeth Schoonmaker.
Each skill or strategy has multiple pages that are differentiated to fit the different needs of your students - you can have all your students working on the same skill but with a page that best fits their needs.
This packet is tailored to this book with specific questions of varying degrees of difficulty. Students will respond by drawing, circling answers, writing sentences and finding text evidence to support their thinking.
Included in the packet:
Directions and Common Core Standards for each skill and strategy. Plus ideas for extending some of the activities.
* Asking Questions - 2 pages
* Beginning, Middle, End - 5 pages
* Cause and Effect - 8 pages and 1 key
* Character Analysis - 6 pages
* Character Change - 1 page
* Drawing Conclusions/Inferencing - 3 pages
* Fact and Opinion - 2 pages
* Problem Solution - 5 pages
* Sequencing - 9 pages plus 2 keys
* Story Map - 3 pages
* Strong Thought - 3 pages
* Theme - 1 page
* Visualize - 1 pages
* Writing paper - 2 pages
If you would like more information about this book or many others please visit my blog The Picture Book Teacher's Edition
The PBT’s Edition Facebook page
The PBT's Edition Pinterest Boards
Common Core Standards
K.RL.1, K.RL.2, K.RL.3, K.RL.7, K.SL.5, K.W.1, 1.RL.1, 1.RL.2, 1.RL.3, 1..RL.7, 1..SL.4, 1.SL.5, 1.W.1, 2.RL.1, 2.RL.2, 2.RL.3, 2.RL.5, 2.RL.7, 2.W.1, 3.RL.1, 3.RL.2