Science doodle notes for teaching text structure in the science classroom. Reading plays such an important role in the science learning process. All subject area teachers share the responsibility of helping students develop strong non-fiction text skills. This download includes text structure doodle notes (great for mini-lessons), a practice text to share with students for each for each structure and 10 task cards for additional practice.
This is a spiral studies resource which means it provides a great opportunity to integrate with your team of teachers to emphasize a vital middle school skill!
You may choose to teach this all at once, or spread it out with one text structure mini lesson at a time.
- Do you read like a scientist? Doodle Notes 1/2 page
- Compare and Contrast Text Structure Doodle Notes 1/2 page
- Sequence Text Structure Doodle Notes 1/2 page
- Cause and Effect Text Structure Doodle Notes 1/2 page
- Sample science text for each structure (Compare/contrast, sequence, cause and effect)
- 10 task cards for practice with identifying text structures in science text. (Read the sample text and identify which text structure is being used)
- Research shows that teaching text structure helps students better navigate non-fiction. Why not teach this in science class to improve understanding?
Where can I get the other subject area lessons to go with this study skills resource?
--- ELA Study Skills
- How to Study for a Test in English Language Arts – Doodle Notes and Learning Stations
--- Math Study Skills
- How to Study for a Test in Math – Doodle Notes and Learning Stations
--- Social Studies Study Skills
- How to Study for a Test in Social Studies – Doodle Notes and Learning Stations
Keep Calm and Doodle On!
Density Sketch Notes Resource Pack
Matter and Atoms Poster Review Sheet
Energy Doodle Notes
© Kate’s Classroom Café 2017 All Rights Reserved