This reading strategies bundle includes highly interactive PowerPoints to teach several different reading strategies.
I like to use these to teach the various reading strategies that the Reading A-Z books focus on. Your students will remember these PowerPoints, and it's a great way to give a quick refresher!
Mac-friendly version included! (PowerPoint still required)
Overview of PowerPoints
• Explains the importance of making predictions, summarizing, and visualizing.
• Students practice making predictions based off of book covers and titles
• Several stories included where students make predictions about what will happen next and learn to revise predictions along the way
• Explains the difference between important parts and extra parts with fun examples and interactive portions
• Students practice deciding how to retell example stories so it still makes sense, but leaves out the extra parts.
• Students pick out the important parts and extra parts of familiar stories.
• For each sense, several interactive examples are given of how to visualize with passages included
• Follow up interactive quiz questions for each section
• Students practice drawing what they hear in a passage
•Lots of interactive activities your students will love!
Reading Strategies: Visualizing PowerPoint
Reading Strategies: Summarizing PowerPoint
Reading Strategies: Making Predictions PowerPoint
Note to Buyers:
The slides will appear to have overlapping text due to the animations, but when played as a slideshow will look normal. I recommend viewing the slideshow before presenting it to the students to become familiar with the way the buttons and slides are formatted.