Print the pages of this packet to make some super cute and bright learning resources to support your reading strategy lessons.
The fun animal reading strategy prompts are provided in the following formats:
- Page Size Posters
- Printable Pennant Banner
- Strategy Sticks (circle prompt to add to stick or ruler)
- Blackline coloring page for students to take home
I've also included a one page display header 'Our Reading Strategies' so you can make a title for your learning or reading space. Giant bright printable letters spelling R-E-A-D are also provided for your classroom wall. A student bookmark is also included for reference.
Simply choose the pieces you would like to include and print, cut and clip to a line or bulletin board!
The following reading strategies are included:
1. Eagle Eye - look at the picture
2. Lips the Fish - get your mouth ready and say the first sound
3. Predicting Pig - think about what would make sense
4. Stretchy Snake - stretch the sounds
5. Tryin' Lion - reread and try a new word
6. Chunky Monkey - look for chunks you know
7. Skippy Frog - skip, read on. come back
8. Flippy Dolphin - flip the vowel sound
Perfect for emergent readers these strategies and printables will be fun, engaging and make your learning space ADORABLE!