"Reading Strategies- Smartboard Lessons" teaches students important skills they need to be successful readers. It contains activities for the following reading strategies:
- I can look at the picture first, then keep my eyes on the words.
- I can point with my eyes when the story is easy.
- When I get tricked, I can get my mouth ready for the first part.
- I can think about what makes sense and looks right when I read.
- I can take words apart when I get to a tricky word.
- I can use words I know to help me read and write new words.
Each reading strategy contains an introduction page with an "I can" statement and visual, as well as multiple slides with engaging activities. Activities can be used as quick mini-lessons before guided reading groups or as 20-30 minute reading lessons. (I put a month for teaching duration because I suggest taking several days to a week on each strategy. You can do a slide or two a day and review previous slides so students can master each reading skill.) Please check out the thumbnails (which include a picture of every slide in the product) and the preview!
Need reading comprehension lessons? Check out my Reading Comprehension Skills Bundle for the Smartboard!
It contains lessons for the following reading comprehension skills:
~ Making Connections
This download includes:
~ 1 Title page
~ 1 Teacher's guide
~ 25 Reading Strategy slides
~ 1 Closing page
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Mrs. Pirate Teacher