Also included in
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get closPrice $260.20Original Price $377.43Save $117.23
Huge discounted bundle of 22 sets of Reading Strategy Task Cards! Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. 17 sets include Audio Support and all the sets have Google Apps and Easel resources!
- Find the Theme: Theme is a tricky skill to master, but this resource can make teaching theme easier for you and learning it easier for your students!
- Informational Text Structures: These 32 Informational text structures task cards are designed to help your students practice identifying five different non-fiction text structures: description, sequence (sometimes called chronological), compare and contrast, cause and effect, and problem and solution.
- Main Idea: Master Main Idea with these task cards! Build student confidence with this engaging and differentiated resource!
- Summarizing: Summarizing nonfiction texts can be so hard for students! Give them lots of practice with these 24 informational task cards! Use in a print or digital format!
- Cause and Effect: These cause and effect task cards are perfect for teaching this complex skill! Cause and effect graphic organizers, audio support, and recording sheet options are great for differentiation!
- Compare and Contrast: 27 compare and contrast task cards with short passages - These are great for encouraging students to use their critical thinking skills and strengthening their reading comprehension!
- Author's Purpose: Author's purpose is a critical reading skill, and these authors purpose task cards are here to help with your lessons!
- Inference Set 1: Making Inferences is an important reading skill, and these inferencing task cards and digital activities can help!
- Inference Set 2: Making Inferences is an important reading skill, and these inferencing task cards and digital activities can help!
- Inference - Informational Text: Use these 24 informational text (nonfiction) inference task cards to help your students draw conclusions and make inferences.
- Sequence of Events: Here are 32 sequencing cards to help your students master this important reading strategy. Each card features a paragraph (with signal words) and a sequencing question about the order of events. Each paragraph is used on two consecutive cards to encourage careful reading.
- Character Traits: These 32 Character Traits task cards are the perfect practice opportunity for students who are working on inferencing and character analysis in a text.
- Drawing Conclusions: These 32 short story drawing conclusions task cards are a great way to practice inference, which can be one of the trickier reading strategies.
- Generalizations: These 32 making generalizations task cards help students to conquer this tricky reading strategy.
- Which Genre?: These 32 multiple-choice reading genres task cards have students determine which of 8 literary genres a passage is.
- Making Connections: Use these 24 task cards to help your students practice the making connections reading strategy. Each card prompts the student to make a different connection: text to self, text to text, and text to world.
- Point of View - Beginners: Use these 32 short passage cards to help your student identify first and third person point of view (POV).
- Point of View - Advanced: Use these 32 task cards to help your student identify first person, third person – limited, and third-person - omniscient points of view. Each card includes a short, fictional passage and the three multiple-choice options.
- Prediction: Here are 24 making predictions task cards to help your students practice making inferences. Each card features a short story and asks students to predict what will come next.
- Questioning: Students will love these questioning task cards!Each questioning task card will have a short story where your students will be able to ask questions about, to grow their reading comprehension skills!
- Setting: Students will determine the setting of the passage using inferencing skills with these 32 task cards!
- Visualizing: Each visualization task card features a different fiction or nonfiction paragraph to sketch what the student visualizes.
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE EACH RESOURCE IN GREATER DETAIL!
Great for 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th grade!
✏️ "I initially found the individual task card sets, and had them all in my cart before I found the bundle! Thank you for offering these as a larger set. Not only do I use them in my RTI groups, but I use them as "exit tickets" to review the skills at the end of reading groups. So many ways to use- for small group, individual practice, and differentiation. Thank you and keep up the great work...I look forward to purchasing more sets in the future." -Stacey U.
✏️ "The BEST task cards! I just had to purchase the bundle because it was such a great deal. I have used these both for in class teaching and distance learning and they translate well to both settings." -Carrie C.
✏️ "My students have loved using this resource this year. We've used it both in the classroom and with distance learning. The task cards work great for small group instruction. They also sometimes lead to really awesome debates about topics and discussions about different reading strategies. Thank you so much!" -Mandi B.
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media - or
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Go to your My Purchases page.
- Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment.
- You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
NEED HELP? Before leaving feedback:
About the Author
Rachel Lynette is a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. She has written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. This resource reflects more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom