These brochures include six reading strategies in individual brochures to help students reflect on their FICTION reading:
The six brochures are:
Each brochure includes five activities to help students build upon that particular reading strategy. The colors also vary for each strategy.
You can use these in a guided reading session, for homework, or as quick activities to introduce different reading strategies. Lots of possibilities for use in your class! Folding instructions are included and brochures come in COLOR and BLACK & WHITE.
These brochures address the following 3rd Grade Common Core State Standards:
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.3.1 Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.3.2 Recount stories, including fables, folktales, and myths from diverse cultures; determine the central message, lesson, or moral and explain how it is conveyed through key details in the text.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.3.3 Describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.3.5 Refer to parts of stories, dramas, and poems when writing or speaking about a text, using terms such as chapter, scene, and stanza; describe how each successive part builds on earlier sections.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.3.6 Distinguish their own point of view from that of the narrator or those of the characters
For a video walk-through of similar brochures from my store, please visit my YouTube Channel
For more info, visit my blog: 3rd Grade Thoughts