These brochures include six reading strategies in individual brochures to help students reflect on their NONFICTION reading:
The six brochures are:
- Main Idea & Details
- Facts & Opinions
- Text Features
- Key Words & Vocabulary
Each brochure includes five activities to help students build upon that particular reading strategy. The colors also vary for each strategy.
You can use these in a guided reading session, for homework, or as quick activities to introduce different reading strategies. Lots of possibilities for use in your class! Folding instructions are included and brochures come in COLOR and BLACK & WHITE.
These brochures address the following 3rd Grade Common Core State Standards:
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.3.1 Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.3.2 Determine the main idea of a text; recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.3.4 Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 3 topic or subject area.
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.3.5 Use text features and search tools (e.g., key words, sidebars, hyperlinks) to locate information relevant to a given topic efficiently.
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.3.6 Distinguish their own point of view from that of the author of a text.
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.3.7 Use information gained from illustrations (e.g., maps, photographs) and the words in a text to demonstrate understanding of the text (e.g., where, when, why, and how key events occur).
For a video walk-through of similar brochures from my store, please visit my YouTube Channel
For more info, visit my blog: 3rd Grade Thoughts