This 27-text slideshow contains a range of visuals (some from literature such as 'No David') and texts of escalating difficulty for students to infer into using the range of clues available. The first slide explains the nature of inferring and all of the short texts contain prompt questions. These provide brilliant whole-class mini-lessons and great student discussion of the texts and clues for two to three weeks, or could be used for small-group reading to support students with the complex strategy of inferring.
See also my related product: Inferring into Banksy, containing more rich-inference images for grades 3-6 once they graduate from this unit.
You may also like:
- FREE Comprehensive Multiplication Unit
- No Prep Place Value Unit with Materials-based, Differentiated Lessons and All Resources
- Full Unit No Prep Narrative Writing Unit Plan of 21 Lessons Based on the 7 Steps
Full set of Maths Assessments:
- Place Value Assessment
- Addition Assessment
- Subtraction Assessment
- Multiplication Assessment
- Division Assessment
- Fractions/Decimals Assessment