NOTE: This resource is part of a growing bundle that you can
Teachers know that reading is more than just reading the words on a page. Reading is interacting with the text! In fact - reading is THINKING!
We can't just teach students to read the words on the page. We have to teach them how to THINK about what they are reading.
That's where reading comprehension strategies come into play. We can give students strategies that will guide their thinking, leading to deeper, more meaningful comprehension.
This Link & Think resource is the perfect companion to your instruction on .
In this resource, you'll find everything that you need to help students master the making connections reading strategy.
In this download you'll find:
- A user-friendly TEACHER GUIDE that provides you with valuable information about the reading strategy as well as some tips on how to introduce the strategy to your students. The guide also includes a 5-day sample lesson plan for how to break up the instruction for this reading strategy using the materials provided in this resource. In addition, I've included picture book suggestions to use when modeling this strategy. All teacher and students materials can be downloaded directly from this teacher guide making everything super easy to access
- An interactive LINK & THINK DIGITAL LEARNING GUIDE that teaches the students about the strategy and how to use it. Students will watch an animated video teaching them the strategy and then read along-side a "virtual reading buddy" to see the strategy in action. The Link & Think also includes 3 additional high-interest reading passages to practice the reading strategy. (PDF and Google Classroom compatible)
- A STUDENT RECORDING SHEET to complete while navigating through the Link & Think (plus a blank recording sheet to use with any book for follow-up practice)
- A KID-FRIENDLY RUBRIC to help you assess the students’ use of the strategy.
- a CLASSROOM POSTER and STUDENT BOOKMARK for students to refer to while focusing on the reading strategy
- TEACHER OBSERVATION SHEETS provided in 3 different formats to help you keep track of your students progress with the strategy
PURCHASE THE GROWING BUNDLE HERE TO SAVE!
OTHER RESOURCES IN THIS SERIES:
Predicting (Coming Soon)
Determining Importance (Coming Soon)
Inferring (Coming Soon)
Synthesizing (Coming Soon)