PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Included in this download are displays covering 12 decoding strategies to use with students when guided reading, to have on display in the classroom reading area and to use with lessons on each skill.
The displays included are:
* Sharpy Shark - hunt for sight words
* Speedy Bee - read then re-read quicker (fluency)
* Elephant Ears - do the letters and sounds match
* Chunky Monkey - look for smaller chunks
* Flippy Dolphin - flip the vowel sound
* Dot Giraffe - read using punctuation
* Stretchy Snake - stretch out the word
* Eagle Eye - look at the picture for clues
* Tryin' Lion - try a word that makes sense
* Lips the Fish - get your lips ready to make the sound
* Skippy the Fog - skip over the word and re-read the sentence
* Helpful Kangaroo - ask for help after trying all strategies
Thank you for viewing this resource!
Marion's Creative Teaching Resources