This download is included in my Guided Reading
This download includes reading strategy posters in a bright color scheme and a primary color scheme.
This is what the strategy posters say:
If I don't know a word...
1. I can use picture clues to figure out the word.
2. I can skip it and read on.
3. I can look for word bits and parts that I know. (I can chunk the word.)
4. I can reread the sentence.
5. I can sound out the word.
There is a black and white template for bookmarks of the above reading strategies.
I also included a version where steps 3 and 5 follow the Fundations guides.
3. I can look for glued sounds and digraphs that I know. (I can chunk the word.)
5. I can tap out the word.
For beginning readers, I have included an anchor chart:
What Good Beginning Readers Do
1. Finger point
2. Look for patterns
3. Use the first letter
4. Look at the pictures
I have included PNGs of the some of the pages, so that you can have them enlarged to be made into posters. If not, I have included each strategy on an individual page for you to make a bulletin board display.