This 1,031 pg mega-bundle is packed full of engaging activities perfect for whole group, CENTERS, EARLY FINISHERS, HOMEWORK, ELA ROTATIONS, & STATIONS.
Great for SUB PLANS too:) Vocabulary and writing are emphasized and an Essential Question is included!
This bundle contains a variety of activities for each lesson in Units 1 - 6 from the second grade Reading Street Common Core 2013. These activities are designed to teach, re-teach, practice, or assess the lessons taught in these units. All of the lessons from units 1 -6 are included in this bundle.
A list of the unit lesson stories are listed below:
• The Twin Club
• Exploring Space With an Astronaut
• Henry and Mudge and the Starry Night
• A Walk in the Desert
• The Strongest One
• Tara and Tiree, Fearless Friends
• Abraham Lincoln
• The Bremen Town Musicians
• One Good Turn Deserves Another
• Pearl and Wagner: Two Good Friends
• Dear Juno
• Anansi Goes Fishing
• Rosa and Blanca
• A Weed I a Flower
• “A Froggy Fable” (fable/ social studies)
• “Life Cycle of a Pumpkin” (expository nonfiction/ science)
• “Soil” (expository, science)
• “The Night the Moon Fell” (myth/ social studies)
• “The First Tortilla” (legend/ science)
• “Firefighter!” (literary nonfiction)
• “Carl the Complainer” (realistic fiction)
• “Bad Dog, Dodger!” (realistic fiction)
• “Horace and Morris but Mostly Dolores” (fantasy)
• “The Signmaker’s Assistant” (humorous fiction)
• “Just Like Josh Gibson” (realistic fiction/ social studies)
• “Red, White, and Blue: The Story of the American Flag” (informational text/ social studies)
• “A Birthday Basket for Tia” (realistic fiction, social studies)
• “Cowboys” (informational text/ social studies)
• "Grace for President” (realistic fiction/ social studies)
Included for each lesson’s anthologies are the following:
• Crossword Puzzles( Vocabulary Development)
• Answer Keys for Crossword Puzzle (Vocabulary Development)
• Word Banks for Crossword Puzzles (Vocabulary Development)
• CLOZE (fill in the blank) worksheets (Vocabulary Development)
• Writing Templates (Stationary) associated with each story and skill being taught such as “Personal Narrative, Persuasive Essays, Summaries, Poetry, etc.
• Task Cards or grammar worksheets in some lessons
• Common Core Essential Questions in some lessons
Here is some more description and detail for some of the content that is included in this packet:
We have developed writing “templates” for many of the writing opportunities found within these lessons. In our classrooms we use these writing templates in a variety of ways. They can be used for assessment to monitor student development in all areas of vocabulary and writing. We also use these pieces of student writing for the bulletin boards in the classroom to always have current student writing shown tied directly to the current anthology or lesson you are teaching. These pieces of writing can also be saved for a writing portfolio to show writing progress on various genres of student writing as they grow throughout the year, and shown at Open House.
Grammar and Word Work-
We have developed worksheet activities to practice some of the grammar skills taught within each theme. These worksheets can also be used for assessment purposes.
We have developed a variety of “Essential Questions” for the passages to promote higher level thinking, citing examples and evidence, and align with Common Core Practices.
Each product in this bundle can be purchased separately but purchased together are a great value.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Please click on the titles below to view each product individually
Reading Street Common Core 2nd Grade Unit 1 Supplemental Materials 2013
Reading Street Common Core 2nd Grade Unit 2 Supplemental Materials 2013
Reading Street Common Core 2nd Grade Unit 3 Supplemental Materials 2013
Reading Street Common Core 2nd Grade Unit 4 Supplemental Materials 2013
Reading Street Common Core 2nd Grade Unit 5 Supplemental Materials 2013
Reading Street Common Core 2nd Grade Unit 6 Supplemental Materials 2013
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Reading Street Common Core 2nd Grade Unit 1-2-3 Half Year Bundle 2013
Reading Street Common Core 2nd Grade Unit 4-5-6 Half Year Bundle 2013
Animal Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Biography Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Country Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Ocean Animal Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Volcano Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Dinosaur Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Insect Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Earthquake Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
City Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Weather Research Report
Ecology Research Report
Plant Research Report
Animal Report and Insect Report Bundle
Earthquake – Volcano – Planet Research Report Bundle
Animal Report Packet for Primary Grades
Planet Research Report
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Autobiography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright 2016 The Teacher Team
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
DISCLAIMER: These materials were prepared by The Teacher Team and have neither been developed, reviewed, nor endorsed by Pearson/Scott Forseman Publishing, publisher of the original [component] work on which this material is based.