A Southern Ranch was updated on January 15, 2016. If you already own this product, please redownload to get all of the new printables for FREE.
Spelling Center – Rainbow write the spelling words/ Use letter tiles to spell the words/ Write sentences with words/ Put words in ABC order/ Find the spelling words in the puzzle
High-Frequency Word Center – Use letter stamps and spell the words/ Use play-doe to trace the words/ Write the word and color the words the given color./ Write sentences with words/ Sort words by the number of syllables
Phonics Center – Use a magnifying glass and find ie and igh words and words with consonant patterns kn and wr/ Phonics Game = sort kn and wr words and record your words./ Look at pictures of words with ie and igh. Write the word./ Look at pictures of kn and wr words. Write the words.
Listening Center – After listening to ‘A Southern Ranch.”, students will answer questions about the story.
Writing Center – Students will write a story about a cowboy/ Fix-It Sentences - correct mistakes
Vocabulary Center - Match Amazing Words with definitions/ Choose one word and write the definition, a sentence, and draw a picture of the word.
Match Selection Words with definitions
Cards for Amazing Words and Selection Words with defintion and picture is included.
(1) Find the number by giving the number that comes next when counting by 10’s using a counting chart. Then find high-frequency words.
(2) Find the number by using place value to make spelling words.
(3) Read and color words that have the digraphs ie and igh to color a cowboy riding a horse/ Read and color words with the consonant patterns kn and wr to color a cowboy.
(4) Color a hundred's chart to find an ie word.
(5) Roll the dice to practice writing spelling words.
(6) Write the correct word to finish the sentence.
(7) Read the story and answer the questions.
(8) Read the story and answer the questions for Facts and Details
Highlight the adjective in each sentence. Write the adjective.
Color the adjectives in the puzzle
Spelling Words and High-Frequency Words are included for your Word Wall.