*Buy the complete Unit 5 bundle and save! Unit 5 Bundle
Here are 6 centers to use with the story Carl the Complainer (Unit 5 Week 2) in the Second Grade Common Core Reading Street series.
1. Word Sort- Students will review the weekly phonics skill by sorting the word cards into the correct group and completing the recording sheet.
2. Vocabulary Match- Students will match their vocabulary words to the correct definition and write sentences using the words.
3. Sentence Scavenger Hunt- Students will search for key sentences in the text and write the page number on the recording sheet.
4. Writing- Students will complete the differentiated writing assignment.
5. Conventions- Students will review the weekly grammar skill and then complete the recording sheet.
6. Spelling- Students will either write their spelling words two times each or play Spelling Bump (instructions included) to review their words.
*Each center includes an "I can" sign*
If you need these centers for the earlier editions of Reading Street or need centers for a story I don't have yet, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a question.
Please visit my store for other great Reading Street products including centers, homework, focus walls, and grammar practice. Make sure to follow me so you can be notified when new products are added!