Here are 6 centers to use with the story Sam, Come Back! (Unit 1 Week 1) in the First Grade Common Core Reading Street series.
- High Frequency Words- Students will build the weekly high frequency words out of play dough on the mats and then complete the response sheet.
- Read the Room- Students will walk around the room and read the words they find. Then they will write the words in the correct column on their recording sheet.
- Sentence Scramble- Students will unscramble sentences from the story and write them correctly on their response sheet.
- Writing- Students will write about a pet. This center is differentiated for each reading group.
-Conventions- Students will read each group of words and decide if it is a sentence or not. Then they will complete the response sheet
- Spelling- Students will write their spelling words two times on their response sheet.
*Each center includes an "I can" sign*
If you need these centers for the earlier editions of Reading Street, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a question.
Please visit my store for other great Reading Street products including homework, focus walls, and grammar practice. Make sure to follow me so you can be notified when new products are added!