PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Included are the centers and printables to reinforce the Phonics
skills, High-Frequency words, Amazing Words, Selection Words, Conventions, and Writing of Dot and Jabber. This Reading Street Story is Unit 5, Week 3.
1. Rainbow write your spelling words
2. Write sentences with spelling words
3. Put spelling words in ABC order
4. Match spelling words to clues given
5. Answer question about spelling words
High-Frequency Word Center
1. Use stamps to spell the words
2. Sort the words by the number of syllables
3. Write sentences with the words
4. Use play-doe to spell the words
5. Read the words, spell the words, and color the words
6. Spin the words, Find the word that you spin the most
7. Graph the words
1. Use a magnifying glass to find oo words. Then write the words
2. Use a magnifying glass to find words with endings -ing and -ed. Then write the words.
3. Sort words with endings -ed and -ing and write them on a recording sheet
4. Match oo words to rhyming words
1. Listen to or read "Dot and Jabber"
2. Answer the comprehension questions about the story
3. Cut and glue the story in the correct order
1. Look at a picture of a cool dude.
2. Write a story by answering questions in complete sentences
Vocabulary Center -
1. Sort Amazing Words
2. Cut and paste to match the word to its definition
3. Choose your favorite word, write the definition, write a sentence and illustrate
4. Sort Selection Words
5. Cut and paste to match the word to its definition
6. Choose your favorite word, write the definition, write a sentence and illustrate.
(1) Read a story with oo words. Write the words.
(2) Color a boy riding his bike using words ending in -ed and -ing
(3) Find the correct word to fit in the sentences ( 2 printables).
(4) Word Search for spelling words
(5) Color a hundred's chart to find a spelling word
(6) Roll the dice to practice writing spelling words.
(7) Highlight the pronoun in each sentence/ Write the pronoun
(8) Color the pronouns in the puzzle to spell a pronoun
(9) Write the time and find spelling words
(10) Add 2-digit numbers to find High-Frequency Words
(11) Count money to solve a mystery message
(12) Read a story about Mice. Find the text evidence to answer the questions.
Spelling Words and HFW are included for your Word Wall.