Get the Egg! was updated on June 11, 2015. If you already own this product, please redownload and get all of the new printables for FREE.
Included are all of the activities that you will need for six centers to
reinforce Get the Egg. There are also many printables that can be used for review sheets, morning work, and fun activities Common Core Standards are listed for the Language Arts and Math activities. There are High-Frequency Word Cards and Amazing Word Cards that can be used for display or teaching tools.
There are also Spelling Words and High-Frequency Words that can be used for your Word Wall.
This is a great supplement for the Reading Street Curriculum.
Spelling Center –
Rainbow write spelling words
Use letter tiles to spell the words
Find the correct frame for each spelling word
Write words with short e in ABC order
Word Search for spelling words
High-Frequency Word Center –
Use cards with the high-frequency words as flashcards
Use play-doe to spell each word
Use letter stamps to spell each word
Write the words and color the words correctly
Color a tree by coloring high-frequency words correctly
Help the bird get to her birdhouse by coloring HFW.
Phonics Center –
Use a magnifying glass and search for words with short e: e and then write the words
Phonics Game- Sort words with short a, short e, short I, and short o/ Write the words on the recording sheet.
Use a magnifying glass and search for words with consonant blends and then write the words
Listening Center – After listening to “Get the Egg” answer questions about the story. Questions are included that review the comprehension skills for the week
Writing Center –
Read and trace a sentence. Write the sentence. Draw a picture of the sentence. Then cut out the words and glue them in the correct order.
Segment words with short e, and then write the word under the picture. (3 sheets)
Write spelling words on lined paper.
Match Amazing Words to their picture and definition.
Cut out each Amazing Word and glue it beside the picture that illustrates the word.
Draw a sketch of an Amazing Word and write the word.
(1) Color flip flops correctly by reading words with initial consonant blends.
(2) Subtract to find spelling words..
(3) Color a hundred's chart to find a spelling word.
(4) Roll the dice to practice writing spelling words.
(5) Write the correct word to finish the sentence.
(6) Count dots on dominoes. Write the number and find High-Frequency Words.
(7) Find nine addition facts and then spell words with Initial Consonant Blends
(8) Read the story "Fred". Find words with initial consonant blends, Answer questions about the story.
(9) Color the number 10 by reading short vowel e words
(10) Color the clown by reading HFW.
Color the question mark. Then practice making question marks.
Fix the questions with a captial letter and question mark.
Find the question that is written correctly.
Highlight the questions