This unit is filled with literacy activities for Get the Egg. It is based on 2013 First Grade Reading Street. It can easily be used with the older editions. The skills have not changed
• 1 anchor charts: “Main Idea & Details” and
This can be printed poster sized or sent to
Staples to be printed.
• High Frequency Words Matching Game
• “Ellie the Elephant” Game for short e
• Interrogative Sentence task cards…can be
used at a center or can be used to play
•5 Amazing Words: one page for each word with a
picture and definition. These pages can be
printed for display or can be projected on Smart
Board when introduced. Words are also written
on stars to be put up in the room. I included only 5 of the words
because my firsties were more engaged when I introduced 1 word per day vs. more. :0).
• Stamp a Word Recording Sheet
• Sheets with high frequency, amazing, and
spelling words…laminate and place in word
• Write the Room for short e words
• Spelling Practice Test sheet: during buddy
reading students give each other a test.
• Amazing Words sheet: choose 4 and draw a
picture for each.
To purchase all of the Literacy Activities for each story click on the discounted bundles below: