"I'm a Caterpillar" was up-dated on November 24, 2015. If you already own this product, please re-download and get all of the new printables for free.
Included are all of the activities that you will need for six centers to reinforce “I’m a Caterpillar.” There are also many printables that can be used for review sheets, morning work, and fun activities Common Core Standards are listed for the Language Arts and Math activities. There are High-Frequency Word Cards and Amazing Word Cards that can be used for display or teaching tools.
Spelling Center –
Rainbow write spelling words/
Use letter tiles to spell the words/
Find the correct frame for each spelling word/
Write spelling words in ABC order/
Word Search for spelling words/
Write sentences with spelling words
High-Frequency Word Center –
Use cards with the high-frequency words as flashcards/
Use play-doe to spell each word/
Use letter stamps to spell each word/
Write sentences with words/
Sort words by number of syllables
Phonics Center –
Use a magnifying glass and search for words and then write the words/
Sort words with er, ir, ur/ Write the words on the recording sheet.
Match er, ir, and ur words to pictures. Write the words.
Listening Center –
After listening to or reading “I’m a Caterpillar” answer questions about the story. Questions are included that review the comprehension skills for the week
Writing Center –
Write a story about a boy catching a butterfly. Read the questions and answer them in a complete sentence. /
Put "I'm a Caterpillar" in sequence – cut and paste
Write a story about a caterpillar.
Match Amazing Words and Selection Words to their picture and definition. Choose two words, write the definition, write a sentence, draw a picture
Highlight the verb in each sentence/ Write the verb
Find the verbs in the puzzle and color them
(1) Color a butterfly correctly by reading contractions.
(2) Add to find spelling words.
(3) Color a hundred's chart to find a spelling word.
(4) Roll the dice to practice writing spelling words.
(5) Write the correct word to finish the sentence.
(6) Find the number by counting tens and ones. Write the number and find High-Frequency Words.
(7) Find the missing addends and then find spelling word
(8) Read “My Bird Pete”/ answer questions and illustrate the story.
(9) Color a picture of a girl by reading r-controlled words.
(10) Read a story. Answer questions about fact or opinion.
Spelling Words and HFW words are included for your Word Wall.