Peter's Chair received a make-over on January 15, 2016. If you already own this product, please re-download and get all of the new printables.
Included are the centers and printables to reinforce the Phonics, Spelling, High-Frequency Words, Amazing Words, Selection Words, and Conventions from Peter's Chair. This is a great supplement to use with your Reading Street Curriculum.
Spelling Center – Rainbow write the spelling words/ Put two words together to make a compound word and draw a picture of the word./ Write sentences using spelling words/Find spelling words in a puzzle/ Write spelling word beside the picture that matches.
High-Frequency Word Center – Use letter stamps and spell the words/ Use play-doe to trace the words/ Write the word and color the words the given color./ Write sentences with High-Frequency Words
Phonics Center – Use a magnifying glass and find ue, ew, ui words and compound words/ Phonics Game- Match the Compound Words/ record the words/ Write the word that matches the picture
Listening Center – After listening to ‘Peter’s Chair students will answer questions about the story
Writing Center – Students will look at a picture and then write a story about the picture/ Re-write Fix -It Sentences
Vocabulary Center - Match Amazing Words and Selection Words to their definitions/ Use the recording sheet to tell about one Amazing Word and one Selection Word/ Answer questions about Amazing Words
(1) Find the greater number and then the high-frequency words
(2) Find the number by using place value to make spelling words.
(3) Read and color compound words to make a rainbow/ Color vowel digraphs ue, ew, ui to make a bowl of fruit
4) Read a story. Find the theme.
(5) Color a hundred's chart to find a ue word.
(6) Roll the dice to practice writing spelling words.
(7) Write the correct word to finish the sentence.
(8) Read a story and answer comprehension questions.
Find the adjective and draw a picture of it
Color the adjectives of "how many" in the puzzle.
Spelling Words and High-Frequency Words are included to be used on your Word Wall.