Word Knowledge is a fast-paced, whole group phonics activity that is a follow-up to your direct instruction. These printables were created to align to Scott Foresman's Reading Street, Grade 2.
1. Distribute and display Work Knowledge pages after instruction of target sounds.
2. Start with Line 1 and read words with class.
3. Class reads Line 1 as a group without teacher voice.
4. Students raise hands to identify spelling pattern and choose color pencil in which to color over the spelling pattern.
5. Students write spelling pattern for words in Line 1.
6. Repeat until all lines are finished.
7. Words in Context: Students read sentences and using the color coding identified above mark text to show spelling patterns.
8. Share out.