This is a 73 page companion pack to Scott Foresman's Reading Street story, Pig in a Wig. Each activity focuses on the weekly skill, High Frequency words, and Spelling words. All of the activities are aligned to Common Core standards.
Included in this pack:
- Whole group high-frequency word cards, Spelling words, and Amazing words.
- Small Group/station cards (HFW, Spelling, and Amazing words) in color and black and white.
- 2 Anchor Charts (Realism/Fantasy and Summarize)
-24 Write the Room cards, illustration/descriptive writing sheet, and recording sheet including a station alternative activity for the Write the Room cards with sorting mats
-Reel It In! Sorting Activity (short i), 36 cards, 2 sorting mats, and recording sheet
-Building Background Graphic Organizer (Ways to Help Animals)
- 2 ABC order seatwork (differentiated) with handwriting practice
-2 Fluency Highlight activity for short /i/ and final /x/
-Take home flashcards
-30 I have, who has game cards (prefixes re-/un-)
- Building Background Activity Sheet (pig) are, can, have
-Fill in the blank letter activity
-2 (Short I and final x) Cut and Glue independent work
-Quick Get the Kit! Short I sorting station (including 24 cards, three sorting mats, directions, and recording sheet)
- Rolling in the Mud (Short i) Game board with 24 game cards and recording sheet
-2 Handwriting Practice Sheets
- Comprehension Questions with 2 writing alternatives
-Can You Fix It Sorting Station with 24 cards, 2 sorting mats, and recording sheet
-Pig in a Wig Readers Theatre