Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
6.06 MB | 124 pages
This is a BUNDLE of my popular task cards for each Reading Street unit. By purchasing all 6 units at once, you save 25%. This bundle includes over 100 pages of printer friendly task cards designed to target each week's curriculum. Please see the individual product pages for more information.
I created these task cards to compliment my guided reading rotations and the new Common Core standards. I was looking for self-checking centers that the students would enjoy, but I would not need to replenish, grade, or follow up on. However, I didn't want just busy work, either. These question cards are based on the 2011 version of the Reading Street curriculum. I created cards to review each week’s targeted skills of vocabulary, phonics skill, Amazing Words, comprehension strategies, and academic vocabulary.
To use these cards with your kids:
1) Print cards- I print 4 sets so that I have 2 students to a set (8 students in my largest reading group). I print each set on a different color of paper so that I can throw them all in a baggie at the end of the week and still keep them separated.
2) Fold the paper vertically (matching the question and answer sides)
3) Spray/spread glue on the back and glue the two halves together.
4) Trim the margins if desired and cut the cards apart on the horizontal guides.
5) Bam! You’ve got self-checking task cards that can be used as QQT, Scoot, or task cards for board games during center time! As a bonus, you won’t have to explain any new activities to the students as the routine will stay the same each week.
****I created about 10 board games by using fabric paint stamped onto colored bandanas. They are incredibly durable and fun to customize!