Reading Street, 2011: 3rd Grade, Unit 3
Week 1: How Do You Raise a Raisin?
Week 2: Pushing Up the Sky
Week 3: Seeing Stars
Week 4: A Symphony of Whales
Week 5: Around One Cactus
I created these task cards to compliment my guided reading rotations and the new Common Core standards. I was looking for self-checking centers that the students would enjoy, but I would not need to replenish, grade, or follow up on. However, I didn't want just busy work, either. These question cards are based on the 2011 version of the Reading Street curriculum. I created cards to review each week’s targeted skills of vocabulary, phonics skill, Amazing Words, comprehension strategies, and academic vocabulary.
**Note** I'm currently finalizing Units 5-6. Check back soon for those downloads as well!
To use these cards with your kids:
1) Print cards- I print 4 sets so that I have 2 students to a set (8 students in my largest reading group). I print each set on a different color of paper so that I can throw them all in a baggie at the end of the week and still keep them separated.
2) Fold the paper vertically (matching the question and answer sides)
3) Spray/spread glue on the back and glue the two halves together.
4) Trim the margins if desired and cut the cards apart on the horizontal guides.
5) Bam! You’ve got self-checking task cards that can be used as QQT, Scoot, or task cards for board games during center time! As a bonus, you won’t have to explain any new activities to the students as the routine will stay the same each week.
****I created about 10 board games by using fabric paint stamped onto colored bandanas. They are incredibly durable and fun to customize!