The Stone Garden was updated on April 2, 2016.. If you already own this product, please redownload and get the new printables for free.
Included are the centers and printables to reinforce the Phonics
skills, High-Frequency words, Amazing Words, Selection Words, Conventions, and Writing of The Stone Garden! This Reading Street Story is Unit 5, Week 6.
1. Rainbow write your spelling words
2. Write sentences with spelling words
3. Write the meaning of words with the prefixes re- and un-
4. Match spelling words to clues given
High-Frequency Word Center
1. Use stamps to spell the words
2. Sort the words by the number of syllables
3. Write sentences with the words
4. Use play-doe to spell the words
5. Spin the words, Find the word that you spin the most
6. Graph the words
1. Use a magnifying glass to find words with prefixes re- and un-. Then write the words
2. Use a magnifying glass to find words with long i and long o. Then write the words.
3. Sort words with prefixes un- and re- and write them on a recording sheet
4. Put long i and long o words in ABC order.
1. Listen to or read The Stone Garden
2. Answer the comprehension questions about the story
1. Write a story about a garden that you would like to plant.
Vocabulary Center -
1. Sort Amazing Words and Vocabulary Words
2. Cut and paste to match the word to its definition
3. Choose your favorite word, write the definition, write a sentence and illustrate
(1) Find the sums and then find the theme of The Stone Garden
(2) Find the differences and then find high-frequency words
(3) Read and color words with prefixes re- and un- to make a garden
(4) Word Search for spelling words
(5) Find the time and then find words with long o and long i
(6) Color a hundred's chart to find a long o word
(7) Roll the dice to practice writing spelling words.
(8) Write the correct word to finish the sentence. (2 sheets)
(9) Highlight prepositional phrases and write them
(10) Write sentences using prepositional phrases.
(11) Read a story that has words with prefixes un- and re-. Highlight the words and write the words
(12) Read a story about Benjamin Franklin. Answer comprehension questions
Spelling Words and HFW are included for your Word Wall.