This is a 74 page companion pack to Scott Foresman's Reading Street story, A Fox and a Kit. Each activity focuses on the weekly skill, High Frequency words, and Spelling words. All of the activities are aligned to Common Core standards.
Included in this pack:
- Whole group high-frequency word cards, Spelling words, and Amazing words.
- Small Group/station cards (HFW, Spelling, and Amazing words) in color and black and white.
- 1 Anchor Chart (Main Idea)
-30 Write the Room cards, illustration/descriptive writing sheet, and recording sheet including a station alternative activity for the Write the Room cards with sorting mats
-Bats in a Cave Sorting Activity (inflected endings) 24 cards, 2 sorting mats, and recording sheet
-Building Background Graphic Organizer (How Zookeepers Help Animals)
- 2 ABC order seatwork (differentiated) with handwriting practice
- 2 Fluency Highlight activity for inflected endings (-s) and (-ing)
-Take home flashcards
-30 I have, who has game cards (prefixes re-/un-)
- Building Background Activity Sheet (fox) are, can, have
-Fill in the blank letter activity
-Shape Word Spelling Practice
-Word Building Inflected Endings Station (including 24 cards, two sorting mats, directions, and recording sheet)
-2 Handwriting Practice Sheets
- Comprehension Questions with 2 writing alternatives
- A Fox and a Kit Readers Theatre
-Fill in the Bubble Comprehension Questions
-Help the Veterinarian Sorting Activity Inflected Endings (24 word cards, 2 sorting mats, record sheet)
-Follow the Fox Sight word Station Game (game board, 12 cards, recording sheet)