This resource supplements the story by the same name in the Reading Street series (2008). It is specific to first grade.
More specifically, here's what I've included:
* bingo cards (20 - no two are alike) ue/ui/ew/oo vowel sounds
* progress monitoring checklist
* AR incentive chart
* ue/ew/ui/oo word sort (anchor mats included)
* suffix -ly / -ful word sort (anchor mats included)
* an assortment of roll/read/write activites
* rebus spelling words
* adjectives that compare (missing word in the sentence is an adjective)
* 10 fill in the blank sentences from the story
* high frequency word card game
REVISED to include:
* word unscramble
* a "pointer game" you'll project onto your board. Your kids will attempt to find the given word before his/her opponent.
* spelling scoot
* 2 word flip books (-ly and -ful)
75 pages + 5 (title, credits, instructions) = 80
Recording sheets are included - Enjoy!