Updated November, 2016
This collection of activities is a supplement to the Honey Bees story in the Reading Street series. It is specific to first grade.
I've included the following:
* a rebus spelling word activity
* a high frequency word card game suitable for small groups
* 6 roll, read, and write
* 10 fill-in-the-blank sentences
* a long e (ee pattern) / short e word sort
* an anchor chart for long e (ee)
* 20 bingo cards (no two are alike)
* 2 syllable word concentration game
* Tic-Tac-Toe - Played the traditional way with the exception your kids will write a high frequency word from the story rather than an "x" or "o"
* Unscramble the letters to form a spelling word
* Spelling Word Scoot Printable
* Rainbow Write
* Long e (ee) / short e pocket folder word sort
* a "Pointer" game you'll project onto your board. Kids will attempt to "swat" the given word faster than their opponent.
Need another Honey Bees resource? My mini-books reinforce the phonics skills for the week. Prepare them once and use them year after year... take a peek here: