This is a 71 page companion pack to Scott Foresman's Reading Street story, The Big Blue OX. Each activity focuses on the weekly skill, High Frequency words, and Spelling words. All of the activities are aligned to Common Core standards.
Included in this pack:
- Whole group high-frequency word cards, Spelling words, and Amazing words.
- Small Group/station cards (HFW, Spelling, and Amazing words) in color and black and white.
- 1 Anchor Chart (Setting)
-30 Write the Room cards, illustration/descriptive writing sheet, and recording sheet including a station alternative activity for the Write the Room cards with sorting mats
-A Frog in the Pond Sorting Activity (short 0), 24 cards, 2 sorting mats, and recording sheet
-2 Building Background Graphic Organizer (How did Ox Help, Work an Ox does on a farm)
- 2 ABC order seatwork (differentiated) with handwriting practice
- Fluency Highlight activity for short /o/
-Take home flashcards
-30 I have, who has game cards (prefixes re-/un-)
- Building Background Activity Sheet (oxen) are, can, have
-Fill in the blank letter activity
-Shape Word Spelling Practice
-2 (Short o) Cut and Glue independent work
-Unlock the Safe (plurals) sorting station (including 24 cards, three sorting mats, directions, and recording sheet)
-2 Handwriting Practice Sheets
- Comprehension Questions with 2 writing alternatives
- The Big Blue Ox Readers Theatre
-Fill in the Bubble Comprehension Questions