Looking for a fun way to teach reading strategies? Help your students become reading superheroes with this Reading Superpowers pack!
The download includes mini-posters to use to make a reading strategies chart. There are three versions of the posters: two color versions (one with explanation of the strategy, one without), and then a black and white version. You also get both color and black and white bookmarks to give to your students to use during guided reading or to keep in their book boxes to help them remember the superpowers. Perfect for Reader's Workshop!
1. Pointing Power (encourage students to point to each word while reading)
2. Picture Power (encourage students to check the picture)
3. Sound Power (encourage students to check the first sound when stuck on a word)
4. Word Power (encourage students to look for sight words they know and read those quickly)
5. Pattern Power (encourage students to use the pattern of the book to help them)